This is Kern County's oldest residence, built before the Civil War by Thomas Fitzgerald as a trading post at the junction of two Indian trails. The present Greenhorn Road follows the east-west trail (later the McFarland Toll Road) to the Kern River mining districts. The town was named in 1857 after James Madison Glenn, an early settler.
Registration Date: 10/17/1951
Kern Co Fire Dept, Glennville Substation, on State Hwy 155 (P.M. 40.2), Glennville
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing