Fort Bidwell, named for John Bidwell, was established in 1865. The fort, which operated until 1893, was one of the last early military posts north of Benicia to be abandoned. From 1898 to 1930, the fort served as a non-reservation boarding school for Indians.
Registration Date: 3/16/1949
City: Fort Bidwell
Fort Bidwell Indian Community Center, W end of Bridge St, Fort Bidwell
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing