In 1855, Timbuctoo was the largest town in eastern Yuba County. At the height of its prosperity it contained a church, theater, stores, hotels, and saloons, a Wells Fargo office, and the Stewart Bros. store which was restored in 1928 and dedicated to the town's pioneer men and women.
Registration Date: 7/12/1939
Plaque located on State Hwy 20 (P.M. 14.9), site on Timbuctoo Rd, 1.0 mi W of Smartville
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing