MISSION SAN FRANCISCO SOLANO
On July 4, 1823, Padre José Altamira founded this northernmost of California's Franciscan missions, the only one established in California under independent Mexico. In 1834, secularization orders were carried out by Military Commandant M. G. Vallejo, and Mission San Francisco Solano became a parish church serving the Pueblo and Sonoma Valley until it was sold in 1881.
Registration Date: 6/1/1932
Sonoma State Historic Park, NW corner of Spain at 1st St E, Sonoma
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing