This early-day stopping place for men and mounts was named for Judge Anson A. H. Tuttle, who built the first log cabin here in 1848. Stones used in the base for the plaque are from the old Swerer store built in 1854, remains of which still exist (1949). Mark Twain traded here. Tuttletown Hotel, built in 1852 and still standing in 1949, was last operated by John Edwards.
Registration Date: 7/6/1933
On State Hwy 49 (P.M. 24.8) at Wilcox Ranch Rd, Tuttletown
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing