The chimney was cut out of the solid rock by Thomas L. Denson, who came west by the way of the Santa Fe Trail in 1852. In 1870 Denson built his cabin, the second building to be erected in the Pit River Valley, alongside a pyramid-shaped rock, cutting the fireplace and flue out of the solid rock itself.
Registration Date: 3/29/1933
Beside RR track along State Hwy 395 (P.M. 30.3), 77 mi N of Alturas
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing