SAN JOAQUIN LIGHT & POWER CORPORATION BUILDING
NPS Number: 05001497
This Italian Renaissance Revival-style building was constructed between 1923 and 1924 by R. F. Felchlin Company, an architectural, engineering and building firm based in Fresno. The building’s exterior detailing includes dentils, cartouches, and bronze medallions containing the words “San Joaquin Power” with images of transmission lines. In addition it includes classical detailing of rosettes, fruit and ribbon swags, acanthus, and Corinthian order colonnades. The building was listed under Criterion C as an excellent example of the Italian Renaissance Revival style, and as the work of a master. R. F. Felchin Company was a local company that produced several architecturally significant buildings in the City of Fresno which have all been included on the city’s Local Register of Historic Resources.
Registration Date: 1/3/2006
1401 Fulton St.
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing