GOULD, THOMAS, JR., HOUSE
The Gould Residence was constructed in 1924 by Henry Mather Greene who continued making changes to the house until 1944. In 1982 Randell Makinson designed a second story addition to the north (rear) façade which expanded the living space fourteen feet in depth and changed the pitch and elevation of the north roof. he site retains original landscaping and river rock retaining walls. The property was listed at the state level of significance under Criterion C in the area of architecture as a late example of master architect Henry Mather Greene, partner and brother of Charles Sumner Greene, and containing some of Henry Greene’s finest interior decorative work. The house was built in 1924, ten years after Charles moved to Carmel, two years after the Greenes formally dissolved their partnership, and at a time when the Arts and Crafts esthetic was giving way to historicism.
Registration Date: 12/23/2005
402 Lynn Dr.
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing