CASA DE RANCHO SAN ANTONIO (HENRY GAGE MANSION)

Historical Landmark

Description:
Contained within this building are the remaining portions of an adobe house built by Francisco Salvador Lugo and his son Antonio María Lugo. Francisco Lugo was a prominent early landholder and Antonio served as the Alcalde of Los Angeles. They completed the building by 1810. Henry Tifft Gage acquired the property in 1880 and lived here from 1883 until 1924. Gage served as the Governor of California from 1899 to 1903.


Registration Date: 5/26/1989

Location:
City: Bell Gardens
County: Los Angeles

Directions:
7000 E Gage, Bell Gardens


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing