RANCHO LOS CERRITOS HISTORIC SITE
The 27,000-acre Rancho was once part of an 18th-century Spanish land grant to soldier Manuel Nieto. The Monterey-style adobe was constructed in 1844 and served the Temple and Bixby families as headquarters for large-scale cattle and sheep ranching operations in the 19th century. In the 1880s, the land was subdivided for farming and city development.
Registration Date: 8/23/1988
City: Long Beach
County: Los Angeles
4600 Virginia Rd, Long Beach
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing