LAWS NARROW GAUGE RAILROAD STATION AND YARD

Historical Landmark

Description:
In 1883, the Carson & Colorado Railroad was built between Mound House (near Carson City, Nevada) through Laws to Keeler, California, a distance of 300 miles. Laws Station was named in honor of Mr. R. J. Laws, Assistant Superintendent of the railroad. Between 1883 and about 1915, this railroad provided the only dependable means of transportation in and out of Owens Valley. Train service was stopped on April 30, 1960.


Registration Date: 1/14/1983

Location:
City: Bishop
County: Inyo

Directions:
On Silver Canyon Rd (Inyo County Rd), on old town of Laws, 4 mi NE of Bishop


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing