GUACHAMA RANCHERIA

Historical Landmark

Description:
Guachama Rancheria, renamed San Bernardino on May 20, 1810 by Francisco Dumetz, became the San Bernardino Rancho of the Mission San Gabriel in 1819. The adobe administration building stood 70 yards north of this spot, an enramada served as the chapel, and a zanja was constructed to bring water from the mountains for irrigation. Control by mission fathers ended in 1834.


Registration Date: 3/29/1933

Location:
City: Redlands
County: San Bernardino

Directions:
25894 Mission Rd, SW of high powerline towers on N side of st, Redlands


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing