CASA DE SAN PEDRO

Historical Landmark

Description:
The first known commercial structure on the shore of San Pedro Bay was built here in 1823 by the trading firm of McCulloch and Hartnell to store cattle hides from the San Gabriel and San Fernando missions. Richard Henry Dana described this adobe hide house in Two Years Before the Mast. Thus began the development of the Port of Los Angeles.


Registration Date: 6/30/1978

Location:
City: San Pedro
County: Los Angeles

Directions:
Middle Reservation, Fort MacArthur, 2400 block of Pacific Ave, E side of parade field, 300 feet S of intersection of Meyler and Quartermaster Rds, San Pedro
CASA DE SAN PEDRO

CASA DE SAN PEDRO



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing