This historic adobe was built in 1836 by a native Californian, Roberto Balermino, on Rancho de los Coches, which was officially granted to him by Governor Micheltorena in 1844. The one-story dwelling was enlarged in 1847 by the new owner, Antonio Suñol, the second story and balcony were added in 1853 by Captain Stefano Splivalo. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 3/17/1977.
Registration Date: 6/16/1976
City: San Jose
County: Santa Clara
770 Lincoln Ave, San Jose
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing