Founded in 1917 by Gilmor Brown, the Pasadena Playhouse was designed by architect Elmer Grey and the cornerstone laid May 31, 1924. In 1928 the College of Theatre Arts was incorporated with the Pasadena Playhouse Association as a non-profit institution. In 1937, the Playhouse received the honorary title 'State Theatre of California' from the California Legislature. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 11/11/75.
Registration Date: 7/11/1975
County: Los Angeles
39 El Molino Ave, Pasadena
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing