LUÍS MARÍA PERALTA ADOBE

Historical Landmark

Description:
The last vestige of El Pueblo de San José de Guadalupe. This simple adobe was rehabilitated in the mid-19th century. It is believed to have been built before 1800 by Manuel Gonzalez, an Apache, who was one of the Pueblo Pobladores founders. It was later owned and occupied by Sgt. Peralta, pueblo comisionado from 1807 to 1822, who also came to California with the Anza expedition in 1775-76.


Registration Date: 1/11/1974

Location:
City: San Jose
County: Santa Clara

Directions:
184 W St John St, San Jose
LUÍS MARÍA PERALTA ADOBE

LUÍS MARÍA PERALTA ADOBE



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing