SITE OF JACKSON'S PIONEER JEWISH SYNAGOGUE

Historical Landmark

Description:
On September 18, 1857, Congregation B'nai Israel of Jackson dedicated on this site the first synagogue in the Mother Lode. High holy day worship continued until 1869 when the larger Masonic Hall was used to accommodate the congregation. The wooden structure then served as a schoolhouse until 1888. Relocated onto a nearby lot, it became a private dwelling, and was razed in 1948.


Registration Date: 11/16/1973

Location:
City: Jackson
County: Amador

Directions:
SE corner of Church and Main Sts, Jackson
SITE OF JACKSON'S PIONEER JEWISH SYNAGOGUE

SITE OF JACKSON'S PIONEER JEWISH SYNAGOGUE



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing