MOUNT SAINT MARY'S CONVENT AND ACADEMY

Historical Landmark

Description:
Built by Reverend Thomas J. Dalton, the Sacred Heart Convent and Holy Angels Orphanage was dedicated May 2, 1865 by Bishop Eugene O'Connell. Under the Sisters of Mercy, it served from 1866 to 1932 as the first orphanage of the Northern Mines. It functioned as an academy from 1868 to 1965 and as a convent from 1866 to 1968.


Registration Date: 4/24/1972

Location:
City: Grass Valley
County: Nevada

Directions:
S Church St between Chapel and Dalton Sts, Grass Valley
MOUNT SAINT MARY'S CONVENT AND ACADEMY

MOUNT SAINT MARY'S CONVENT AND ACADEMY



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing