NORTH STAR MINE POWERHOUSE

Historical Landmark

Description:
The North Star Powerhouse, built by A. D. Foote in 1895, was the first complete plant of its kind. Compressed air, generated by Pelton water wheels, furnished power for the entire mine operation. The 30-foot Pelton wheel was the largest in the world, and was in continuous use for over 30 years.


Registration Date: 9/24/1970

Location:
City: Grass Valley
County: Nevada

Directions:
Mining and Pelton Wheel Museum, S Mill at Allison Ranch Rd, Grass Valley
NORTH STAR MINE POWERHOUSE

NORTH STAR MINE POWERHOUSE



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing