SOUTH YUBA CANAL OFFICE
This was the headquarters for the largest network of water flumes and ditches in the state. The South Yuba Canal Water Company was the first incorporated to supply water for hydraulic mining. The original ditch was in use in May 1850, and this company office was in use from 1857 to 1880. The company's holdings later became part of the vast PG&E hydroelectric system.
Registration Date: 8/29/1969
City: Nevada City
134 Main St, Nevada City
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing