OLD TOWN SAN DIEGO STATE HISTORIC PARK
Settled by pensioned soldiers from the presidio and their families, Old Town grew into a cluster of adobe houses and garden plots in the early 1800s. By 1835, 'it was composed of about 40 dark brown looking huts.' The Stars and Stripes was first raised over the plaza in 1846 by Marines from the U.S.S. Cyane.
Registration Date: 5/29/1969
City: San Diego
County: San Diego
Old Town San Diego State Historic Park, plaque located W side of plaza at 4016 Wallace St, San Diego
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing