CASA DE TABLETA

Historical Landmark

Description:
This structure, built by Felix Buelna in the 1850s, served as a gambling retreat and meeting place for Mexican-Californios. It was strategically located on the earliest trail used both by rancheros and American settlers crossing the peninsula to the coast. Acquired by an American in 1868, it has continued to serve under various names as a roadhouse and saloon.


Registration Date: 8/7/1968

Location:
City: Portola Valley
County: San Mateo

Directions:
3915 Alpine Rd at Arastradero Rd, town of Portola Valley


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing