FIRST JEWISH SITE IN LOS ANGELES

Historical Landmark

Description:
The Hebrew Benevolent Society of Los Angeles (1854), first charitable organization in the city, acquired this site from the city council by deed of April 9, 1855. This purchase of a sacred burial ground represented the first organized community effort by the pioneer Jewish settlers.


Registration Date: 1/26/1968

Location:
City: Los Angeles
County: Los Angeles

Directions:
Chavez Ravine, behind US Naval and Marine Corps Reserve Center, 800 W Lilac Terrace near Lookout Dr, Los Angeles
FIRST JEWISH SITE IN LOS ANGELES

FIRST JEWISH SITE IN LOS ANGELES



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing