CAMP SALVATION

Historical Landmark

Description:
Here, on September 23, 1849, Lieut. Cave J. Couts, Escort Commander, International Boundary Commission, established Camp Salvation. From September till the first of December 1849, it served as a refugee center for distressed emigrants attempting to reach the gold fields over the Southern Emigrant Trail.


Registration Date: 10/5/1965

Location:
City: Calexico
County: Imperial

Directions:
Rockwood Plaza, Sixth St E at Heber Ave, Calexico


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing