ARROYO DE SAN JOSEPH CUPERTINO

Historical Landmark

Description:
This arroyo honoring San Joseph, patron saint of flight and students, was first discovered and traversed by Spanish explorers in 1769. On March 25-26, 1776, Colonel Juan Bautista de Anza made it his encampment No. 93, as mapped by his cartographer, Padre Pedro Font, on his journey to the San Francisco Bay area where he initiated a colony, a mission, and a presidio.


Registration Date: 12/23/1964

Location:
City: Cupertino
County: Santa Clara

Directions:
Monta Vista High School W parking lot, 21840 McClellan Rd, Cupertino
ARROYO DE SAN JOSEPH CUPERTINO

ARROYO DE SAN JOSEPH CUPERTINO



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing