NPS Number: 73000395
This is the site of San Francisco's first fireproof building, erected in 1853 by Henry Wager Halleck. It was the headquarters for many outstanding lawyers, financiers, writers, actors, and artists. James King of William, editor of the Bulletin, died here on May 14, 1856 after being shot by James Casey. This building escaped destruction in the fire of 1906.
Registration Date: 3/29/1933
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
600 Montgomery St, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing