The original wharf on this site was completed in the summer of 1888 by the McFadden brothers. As the seaward terminus of their Santa Ana and Newport Railway it became the funnel through which flowed a major part of the lumber and other goods that built Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties during the period from 1891 to 1907.
Registration Date: 7/3/1964
City: Newport Beach
Newport Pier, SE corner of W Ocean Front and McFadden Place, Newport Beach
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing