ORIGINAL SITE OF THE BANCROFT LIBRARY
In 1860 Hubert Howe Bancroft began to collect the wealth of material which was to result in the writing of his monumental history of western North America. His library was located here in 1881, in 1905 it was purchased by the University of California and moved the following year to Berkeley.
Registration Date: 7/3/1964
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
1538 Valencia St, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing