JACOBY BUILDING

Historical Landmark

Description:
The basement and first story of this building were constructed in 1857 for Agustus Jacoby, and housed various mercantile firms during its early years as a principal supply point for the Klamath-Trinity mining camp trade. It served occasionally as a refuge in time of the Indian troubles from 1858 through 1864. It was acquired by A. Brizard in 1880. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 6/17/82.


Registration Date: 1/24/1963

Location:
City: Arcata
County: Humboldt

Directions:
Eighth and H (plaque at NE corner, structure at SE corner), Arcata
JACOBY BUILDING

JACOBY BUILDING



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing