ROCKVILLE STONE CHAPEL
The cornerstone of this chapel, erected by pioneers of Methodist Episcopal Church South with volunteer labor and donated funds, was laid October 3, 1856 on a site supplied by Landy and Sarah Alford, and the chapel was dedicated February 1857. By 1929, the chapel had deteriorated and the church deeded it to Rockville Public Cemetery District as a pioneer monument. It was restored in 1940.
Registration Date: 11/20/1962
Rockville Cemetery, Suisun Valley Rd, 0.2 mi N of Rockville
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing