SITE OF FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL IN CASTRO VALLEY
This site was part of the original Don Castro Land Grant. In 1866 pioneer settler Josiah Grover Brickell donated it for 'educational purposes only' and paid the salary of the teacher, who taught children in the one-room schoolhouse by day, and farmhands by candlelight at night.
Registration Date: 9/25/1962
City: Castro Valley
19200 Redwood Rd, between James and Alma, Castro Valley
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing