ORIGINAL SITE OF ST. MARY'S COLLEGE
In August 1863, Archbishop Joseph Sadoc Alemany, OP, opened St. Mary's College here with a faculty of two diocesan priests, four laymen, and two student teachers. In August 1868, at the invitation of the archbishop, Brother Justin McMahon and seven Christian Brothers took charge of St. Mary's.
Registration Date: 8/17/1962
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
Intersection of Mission and College Sts, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing