SITE OF FIRST SCHOOL IN FALL RIVER VALLEY
In 1868, the first school in Fall River Valley was built near this spot. The windowless building was of log construction and measured 20 feet by 30 feet. About 1870 the first sawmill in the valley was built at Dana, and lumber was obtained to put a floor in the schoolhouse and build school desks.
Registration Date: 2/15/1961
On State Hwy 299 (P.M. 99.0), 0.4 mi W of Lassen Co line, 3.6 mi E of McArthur
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing