Originally known as Allen's Camp after Gabriel Allen, who in the 1870s had a cabin and stock pasture near here, the settlement was named Caliente when railroad construction reached this point in April 1875. The town became a railroad terminal for about 16 months while a force of up to three thousand men, most of them Chinese, labored on the heavy railroad construction on the mountain.
Registration Date: 2/15/1961
2.3 mi N of Hwy 58 on Bealville Rd, Caliente
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing