COLOMA ROAD AT NIMBUS DAM
Alder Springs, south of this point, marks the old Coloma Road, running between Sutter's Fort and Cul-luh-mah (Coloma). Established in 1847, this road was used by James W. Marshall in January 1848 to bring the first gold from Sutter's Mill to the fort. Later, traveled by thousands to and from the diggings, it became the route of California's first stageline, established in 1849 by James E. Birch.
Registration Date: 7/5/1960
From Hwy 50, go N on Hazel Ave, take first rd to right, plaque located in Nimbus Flat Boat Launching Facility, Lake Natoma, Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing