OLD PLAZA FIREHOUSE

Historical Landmark

Description:
Dedicated to the firemen of the Los Angeles Fire Department-past, present, and future-who, by their courage and faithful devotion to duty, have protected the lives and property of the citizens of Los Angeles from the ravages of fire since 1871. This was the first building constructed as a fire station in Los Angeles. Built in 1884, it served as a firehouse until 1897. After this it was used for various purposes until restored in 1960 and opened as a museum of fire-fighting equipment of the late 19th century.


Registration Date: 4/8/1960

Location:
City: Los Angeles
County: Los Angeles

Directions:
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Monument, 501 N Los Angeles St
OLD PLAZA FIREHOUSE

OLD PLAZA FIREHOUSE



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing