LOS ENCINOS STATE HISTORIC PARK
NPS Number: 71000142
The Franciscan padres used Encino as their headquarters while exploring the valley before establishing Mission San Fernando in 1797. In 1849 Vincente de la Osa built an adobe with nine rooms. The next owner of El Encino Rancho was Eugene Garnier, who built the existing two-story limestone house in 1872. In December 1891 Domingo Amestoy acquired the property.
Registration Date: 7/31/1959
County: Los Angeles
Los Encinos State Historic Park, 16756 Moorpark St, Encino
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing