SITE OF THE TOWN OF GARLOCK

Historical Landmark

Description:
In 1896, Eugene Garlock constructed a stamp mill near this spot to crush gold ore from the Yellow Aster Mine on Rand Mountain. Known originally as Cow Wells by prospectors and freighters during the 1880s and early 1890s, the town of Garlock continued to thrive until 1898, when water was piped from here to Randsburg and the Kramer-Randsburg rail line was completed.


Registration Date: 12/1/1958

Location:
City: Cantil
County: Kern

Directions:
7.4 mi W of State Hwy 395 on Garlock Rd, 13.4 mi NE of Cantil post office
SITE OF THE TOWN OF GARLOCK

SITE OF THE TOWN OF GARLOCK



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing