Erected by the Gilroy family in 1876, this building was purchased in 1902 by George T. Webber, who operated it as teh Western Hotel. The Lancaster Chamber of Commerce was organized in its dining room. Between 1905 and 1913, construction crews of the Los Angeles-Owens River Aqueduct were housed here, and it became a center of commercial and social activity in the early life of the community.
Registration Date: 9/26/1958
County: Los Angeles
557 W Lancaster Blvd, Lancaster
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing