OLD LANDING, SITE OF EL DESEMBARCADERO
El Desembarcadero was one of the first landmarks designated during the first year of the landmark program. The site was recognized as the landing place for small boats carrying freight and passengers to Old San Diego. It was also believed to be the place visited in 1769 by the crews of the San Antonio and San Carlos in their search for fresh water.
Registration Date: 12/6/1932
City: San Diego
County: San Diego
Base of Ballast Point, S end of Rosecrans St, where historic markers are on a half circle, U.S. Naval Submarine Base, San Diego
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing