ST. VINCENT'S SCHOOL FOR BOYS
In 1853, Timothy Murphy, Irish-born pioneer of Marin County, gave 317 acres of land to Archbishop Alemany for educational purposes. Here the Sisters of Charity in 1855 founded a school that, as St. Vincent's School for Boys, has been maintained and enlarged by successive archbishops of San Francisco.
Registration Date: 1/29/1958
City: San Rafael
0.7 mi E of Hwy 101 on St. Vincent Dr, 4 mi N of San Rafael
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing