In 1857 the residents of the eastern end of American Valley built a school, the first schoolhouse in Plumas County. On July 2, 1857, Mr. S. A. Ballou was engaged as teacher for 19 children. The building is now used for kindergarten purposes (1957).
Registration Date: 1/13/1958
Plumas Co Fairgrounds, 2 mi E of Quincy via E Main St and Fairgrounds Rd
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing