FORT BRAGG

Historical Landmark

Description:
The fort was established in this vicinity June 11, 1857 by 1st Lieutenant (later Brigadier General) Horatio Gate Gibson, 3rd Artillery, U.S. Army, who named it in honor of his former company commander, Braxton Bragg, later General, CSA. The fort was abandoned in October 1864.


Registration Date: 7/24/1957

Location:
City: Fort Bragg
County: Mendocino

Directions:
321 Main St, Fort Bragg
FORT BRAGG



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing