Built in 1854 by Captain Horatio Gates Trussell of Orland, Maine, the adobe is partly constructed of material from the wreck of the S.S. Winfield Scott on Anacapa Island. The Winchesters acquired the adobe in 1882 and Katherine Bagg Hastings, niece of Miss Sarah Winchester, bequeathed it to the Santa Barbara Historical Society in 1935.
Registration Date: 12/31/1956
City: Santa Barbara
County: Santa Barbara
412 W Montecito St, Santa Barbara
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing