Established by Samuel Lockhart in 1856 as a link in the first wagon road from Yreka to Red Bluff, the Lockhart Ferry crossed below the confluence of the Fall and Pit Rivers near this spot. After a massacre in December 1856, the ferry was reestablished in 1857 below Fall River Falls.
Registration Date: 7/31/1956
City: Fall River Mills
On State Hwy 299 (P.M. 91.3), NW of Long St, 0.3 mi W of Fall River Mills
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing