ORIGINAL BUILDING OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Historical Landmark

Description:
Dedicated on September 4, 1880, this original building of the University of Southern California has been continuously in use for educational purposes since October 6, 1880, when its doors were first opened to students by the university's first president, Marion McKinley Bovard. The building was constructed under the guiding hand of Judge Robert M. Widney, the university's leading founder, on land donated by Ozro W. Childs, John G. Downey, and Isaias W. Hellman.


Registration Date: 9/14/1955

Location:
City: Los Angeles
County: Los Angeles

Directions:
Widney Hall Alumni House, University of Southern CA, Childs Way, between Hoover Blvd and University Ave, Los Angeles
ORIGINAL BUILDING OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

ORIGINAL BUILDING OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing