FRANCISCO SOLANO ALVISO ADOBE

Historical Landmark

Description:
This building, erected in 1844-46 by Francisco Solano Alviso, was the first adobe house to be built in the Pleasanton Valley. It was originally called Alisal-The Sycamores. Following the Battle of Sunol Canyon, General John C. Frémont withdrew to this building, which became his headquarters for several days.


Registration Date: 9/24/1953

Location:
City: Dublin
County: Alameda

Directions:
3459 Foothill Rd, 3 mi south of Dublin


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing