SITE OF FIRST COUNTY COURTHOUSE

Historical Landmark

Description:
This is the site of Alameda County's first courthouse where county government began on June 6, 1853. Officials met in a two-story wooden building erected by Henry C. Smith and A. M. Church as a merchandise store. The seat of government moved to San Leandro in 1856, following an election in December 1854.


Registration Date: 7/31/1953

Location:
City: Union City
County: Alameda

Directions:
30977 Union City Blvd and Smith St, Alvarado District, Union City


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing