'Fresno City' gradually arose at the head of navigation of the Fresno Slough, and existed from approximately 1855 to 1875 - today there are no traces of it left. In 1872, the 'City of Fresno,' later the county seat, was established about 30 miles to the southwest, on the newly built Central Pacific Railroad.
Registration Date: 8/7/1951
On Fresno Slough, 0.8 mi N of James Rd, from Tranquillity, then 1.3 mi NW on levee rd (dirt), Tranquillity
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing