TULE RIVER STAGE STATION
Here Peter Goodhue operated an emigrant trail stopping place on the bank of the Tule River from 1854 until the river changed its course in 1862. This became a Butterfield Overland and mail stage station, 1858-61. It was kept in 1860 by R. Porter Putnam, who in 1864 founded Porterville.
Registration Date: 9/11/1950
Porterville Public Park, SW corner of N Main St and W Henderson Ave
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing